Process Server - Legal Document Service
We are also experienced Process Servers, specialising in difficult-to-locate and obstructive defendants.
We cover all kinds of Document Serving, from divorce applications to civil complaints and procedural documents.
We also provide a Service process for non-court documents (eg Notice of Termination, other documents which require special delivery). For these we provide a Statutory Declaration as evidence of Service.
What is "Service"?
Service refers to providing a valid copy of a legal document to a party to a legal case. There are a variety of documents which need to be served, depending on the type of case. For example, in the case of a divorce, a package including the Application for Divorce and a copy of the Marriage, Families and Separation brochure is served. We serve documents for all Australian courts.
In the case of divorce, you cannot serve these documents yourself - it must be done by someone else, like us.
If the defendant is a company, the complaint must usually be served at the registered address of the company.
We commonly handle service for Victorian courts including Magistrate's Court, County Court, Supreme Court, Federal Court, Family Court and others, as well as other jurisdictions, from interstate to overseas.
Affidavit of Service
After the document has been served, we provide an Affidavit of Service. This includes the name, address and occupation of the person who served the document, the date and place the complaint was served, the signature of the person who served the complaint, and the signature of an authorised person who received (witnessed) the affidavit.
Service Area and Pricing
We provide this service across the whole of Victoria from our Frankston office.
- Zone 1: within 15km of our Upwey office - $99
- Zone 2: includes the entire Melbourne Metro area and the Mornington Peninsula - $149
- Zone 3: to 150 km; Eg. Geelong Woodend, Kilmore, Warburton, Traralgon, Leongatha and Philip Island - $219
- Zone 4: to 200 km; Eg. Sale, Ballarat - $289
- Zone 5: to 250 km; Eg. Shepparton, Mansfield - $349
- The rest of Victoria: Please contact us for a quote.
- URGENT Service; Immediate action on your Process Service, day or night +$50
Not sure how far away your Service Address is? Use our handy calculator.
- Service includes the witnessed Affidavit of Service and return postage of the documents to you. If you require Express return postage, this charged at $5.50.
- Attempted service (eg. where the recipient is not home, or not found at the given address) is charged at 50-75% of the standard rate, depending on the distance travelled to effect the service.
- If you require us to print the documents to be served, a handling and document production fee is charged at $9.50.
- Investigations / Surveillance as part of a Service is charged at a 15% discounted hourly rate.
What information is needed?
In order to make the process as easy as possible, the information we would request about the person to be served includes:
- Full name of person being served
- If a small Pty Ltd corporation is being served, please give us the name of the company and a suggestion of a person to serve the documents to.
- Home address
- If a corporation is being served, we need the registered office address of the company - not just its trading location.
- Work address (and type of work)
- Vehicle; what do they drive, colour, number plate
- Photo; if you have a photo of the person, please email it to us or include it with your documents
- Social media; the URL of their social media presence (eg Facebook) is sometimes helpful
- Suggested time and place; When do you recommend service be attempted? (Eg. Day of week, time of day, location)
- Expected resistance; how do you expect the person to react? Are they hiding from the service? Are they likely to refuse it?
If you don't know where the person can be found, we can perform searches and/or surveillance to identify this; we specialise in difficult and obstructive recipients including those attempting to avoid service. Our discounted hourly rate applies for these services.
For more information on this service, please contact us.